- Course length: Five days
- PAL Card on completion
For people wishing to become an IPAF Instructor, employed by an IPAF Approved Training Centre or as an Independent Instructor delivering training through one or more training centres. This course trains and assesses an instructor to understand the delivery of the IPAF training programme and assesses knowledge on machines and the ability to convey information to candidates.
Become an IPAF instructor and deliver IPAF’s industry-leading training programmes for mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs) and mast climbing work platforms (MCWPs) and help make the industry safer.
In order to deliver IPAF training courses for MEWPs and MCWPs, you need to be employed by an IPAF training centre or become a registered IPAF independent instructor member and run training through an IPAF training centre.
To become an IPAF instructor for MEWPs, you must meet the following criteria (this may be different depending on the country/region you are training in, and the type of training you will run):
- 36 months’ MEWP operating experience
- IPAF Operator Licence held for 6 months minimum
- IPAF Demonstrator Licence held for 3 months minimum
- IPAF MEWPs for Managers course successfully completed
- Evidence of Acceptable Instructional Techniques training (3 days minimum)
- Successful completion of an approved Harness Instructor course
- Evidence of HSE required standard for First Aid at Work training level
For further information about becoming an IPAF instructor please contact THE mewp training centre.