Novice | Refresher | Conversion
the MEWP training centre’s Reach Forklift Truck Course is perfect for NOVICE or REFRESHERS to learn how to safely and effectively operate a lift truck.
To teach the basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge to operators of counterbalance lift trucks on rider type lift trucks. At the end of the course, successful delegates should be able to operate the machine both safely and efficiently.
On completion of the course you will be familiar with the basic skill requirements and job safety knowledge required for safe and effective operation of counterbalance trucks. The course includes machine familiarisation, controls, daily checks, refuelling and battery procedures, steering, load weight assessment and handling, stacking, racking, awkward loads and vehicle loading, and unloading and much more.
- Introduction & Aims
- Current Legislation, including:
- Health & Safety at Work Act Etc 1974;
- LOLER 1998
- PUWER 1998
- Responsibility of the operator
- Operational Safety Code – “Safety in Working With Lift Trucks”
- Basic Hydraulic & Electrical systems
- Refuelling / Recharging
- Daily Safety Checks & Maintenance
- Site Safety
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of Gravity of the truck
- Capacity plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls.
- Knowledge Examination
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-Use Inspection
- Simple Manoeuvring
- Advanced Manoeuvring
- Stacking & De-stacking (Free & Racking)
- Hydraulic System
- Weight Assessment
- Handling laden & unladen pallets
- Battery care and maintenance
- Risk Assessment
- Vehicle Loading and unloading
- Practical Examinations
Duration: 1 – 5 days dependent on number of delegates, experience and previous training.